Sunday, July 21, 2013

Back to School Series: What's in my School Bag!

Since it's back to school season, I've decided to do a "What's in my Backpack" post for anyone looking to organize or see whats in my bag. I am going into my Senior year of High School and I am taking 4 AP classes and the rest are electives.
This is my beautiful blue backpack I got from Target in 7th grade. Its been a hardy backpack and served its purpose for me. 
These are my AP notebooks! I like to use a 3-5 Subject notebook depending on the class. For Statistics I am using a 5 subject notebook because it is a 3 trimester class and I will most likely have homework every night on top of daily notes. 
This is an example of what my notebooks look like. This one is for AP Environmental Science. To DIY this style all you need is a:  hot glue gun, scraping paper or colorful paper, and stickers. So after you cut out the correct size of paper to cover your notebook, hot glue it to the paper and let it set. Then you can go on Microsoft Word and type out the class in a special font and glue it onto the notebook. I then used some stickers to make a border around the title and binding. Its a really cute way to personalize your notebooks.
This is my Lilly Pulitzer agenda! For a review click here 


These are my binders to match my school supplies. I just took the scraps left over from the notebooks and put them on a sheet of printer paper. I will then write what subject they are for when I find out what classes I will need them for. 

This is the pencil case I will use this year. Its from Clinique's spring collection my Mom got over spring break with her free samples and gave me the free makeup bags. Makeup bags are always a nice alternative to a pencil pouch because they are usually lined with a thin waxy material that won't absorb ink. 

Here is what I typically would carry around in my pencil case. Left to right: Large Eraser, Extra lead for pencils, Two note taking pencils, Three normal pencils, Four pens for annotating, A Calculator for quick math problems if my phone is not allowed, and a nice pen for writing in class essays. I also would carry around a yellow and pink hi lighter but I haven't bought those items yet. 

This is my makeup bag. Normally I don't carry around makeup because I don't really care if my makeup falls off by the end of the school day but, since I usually have work after school, Its always nice to reapply before waiting tables for another 4 hours. 
These are my basic essentials. These items do vary from time to time but I mainly use: Mascara and Concealer to touch up. If its been a rough day then I'd go for the BB Cream and a bit of blush and if I REALLY am going somewhere fancy I'll apply some cream eye shadow.
Products Above: Revlon Creme Eye Shadow, Mac Lustre Glass in Love Nectar,
Below Left to Right: Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara (Bonus: NEVER clumps up your lashes), Maybelline Colossal Cat Eye (Perfect for long lashes), Maybelline Cream Blush in Pink Frosting, BB Cream from Rimmel in Light, and my favorite concealer from my local dermatologist (fights acne)     

This is basically what I carry around in my backpack from day to day. This list would also include:
Anti Bac from Bath and Boidy
Phone
Ipod
Kleenexes 

What's Your Favorite Fall Fashion Trend?